Let’s review. The first time I ever spray painted anything was last summer after we bought the new house. Since then some of my more interesting projects involving spray paint have been:
Yeah… so at this point, I’m honestly surprised that there hasn’t been an intervention.
PUT THE SPRAY PAINT DOWN.
Not gonna happen.
But I have learned something in all this spray painting madness. Some people are Team Rustoleum and some people are Team Krylon. I haven’t met very many in the Valspar camp, but there are some benefits there as well.
I’m somewhere in between and have a tendency to choose based on the project. I prefer each brand for different projects.
- Very even spray through the end of the bottle
- I think one bottle covers more than other brands.
- The metallics line can’t be beat. This stuff sprays even and looks very real
- I’ve noticed that some of their colors aren’t true from can to can. I’ve used “Antique White” on about 4 different projects and they all look slightly different to me. Some seem to be whiter and some seem to be more yellow/cream colored.
- Price very high for the metallics line but more reasonable for the regular lines
- Price per can is about $3.67 at Walmart.
- BEST THING EVER: EZ Touch 360 sprays. The nozzle is adjustable to spray whatever direction you want. It’s more accurate and wastes less paint
- Paint & Primer spray is great and much less expensive than Rustoleum
- It specifically mentions that it’s safe for fabric. Krylon is the only one that makes this claim.
- Huge variety of craft line paints, including glitter, mirrored finish, textures and finishes.
- Spray gets very erratic towards the end of the can. I have to constantly shake it to get it to spray.
- Paint seems slightly more liquid than Rustoleum, which leads to more drips.
DISCLAIMER: I don’t know much about Valspar spray paints. They are relatively new and I have only used it a couple of times.
- Matches some of their Latex paint, so that you can coordinate. You’ll see a
- little sign indicating that the color is available in the spray paints as well.
- Quick dry formula. Second coats can be applied in 20 minutes.
- Can designed to be easier to spray.
- Smaller color selection