So in 2012, I set three types of goals for myself: Blog, Personal and Home. So I’m going to do the same thing for 2013. But first, let’s check in on the 2012 goals and see how I measured up.
BLOG Resolutions for 2012:
- Hit 350 followers by my 1 year blogiversary in April. – Check!
- Start having guest bloggers – Check… kinda. I had a few and then stopped.
- Hit 500 followers by 2013. – Check! Currently sitting at 577 Feedburner subscribers, 60 Linky Followers and 226 Facebook likes.
- Most importantly, I’d like to stop comparing my blog to other blogs. I want this to be a creative outlet for me, not a job. – Yeah, this one’s a work in progress.
Personal Resolutions for 2012:
- Stop biting my nails. – Check! I’ve now gone 2 1/2 months without biting. Yay!
Home Resolutions for 2013:
- Rooms I’d like to update:
- Master Bedroom
- Guest Room
- Entry way
We didn’t get the Entryway, but we did add the Mudroom (again), finished the Kitchen, Guest Bath, Master Bath and started on the Nursery.
- We have a lot of work to do outside including but not limited to:
- removing some trees in the backyard – I talked John out of this one for now
- replacing our fence – Check!
- adding some privacy trees – nope, that’s back on the list for this year
- adding a garden – Ditto.
- painting the shutters – Ditto.
- adding 2 columns to the front of the house – Check!
- painting the front door (again) – nope
- reseeding the lawn (again) – Check!
Overall, I am totally happy with what we accomplished in 2012! It was a busy year, but my house is a million times more in order than it was in 2011. Almost the whole downstairs is done. We have the Living Room left and that’s definitely on the list for this year, along with the Entry way.